Thursday, October 7, 2010
Intel or Thinkfinity Tools
After having explored a bit more on Intel thinking tools, I personally believe that it is something I would consider using in my math classrooms as a future teacher. There are many ways Intel thinking and thinkfinity can be used to make a math lesson so much more interested and promote higher thinking. For example, Intel thinking allows students to gather information they know, organize that knowlegde by displaying a map or a diagram, make a ranking list and comparing them, analyze a cause and effect relationship, and create a claim and support the evidence. Through these examples, students are able to think critically in a subject, and work as a group. Intel thinking is very interactive and allows students to work on some creative activities. I personally think it is something motivating that students would want to do since it involves using technology in a math classroom. I also thought the thinkfinity website was great. It has a lot of valuable resources that teachers can use to help teach an effective lesson. There a number of lesson plans, and interactive ideas that teachers can incorporate in their classroom. One of the things I found helpful was that some of the lessons plans are according to the New York state standards.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I loved the Intel tool that allowed students to create maps also. Graphic organizers can help students with understanding material and they also can be helpful to differentiate material to different types of learners that our classroom will be sure to have. They can potentially be very beneficial! These maps definitely ensure higher-order thinking!
ReplyDeleteI also liked how Thinkfinity provides NYS standards. I have been working on level plans for a few of my other classes and have trouble sometimes applying what I want to students to know and the state standard that matches it. Thinkfinity not only provides opportunities for students, but for us too in a way!