Wednesday, October 13, 2010

How should the Book Review be Graded?

I personally believe the book review should be graded into two parts. One grade should be given as a group grade and the other should be an individual grade. I believe this for various reasons. For one reason, it is a group project. We should all work together and be graded based on the groups collaboration, effort, and consistency. A group grade should be 45%. Now there should be an individual grade since it's hard to tell in a group assignment how much work you did on your own. We did divide the chapters amongst my group for the book review so it is important to be graded on our effort and tasks we were assigned to complete. Our invidual grade should be 55%. I think having a combination would be fair for the group that way no one is taking credit more than others and we are being graded on what we put into as a whole and individually.

1 comment:

  1. My group also assigned specific chapters for each person. So I agree that the grade should partially be individual. I also agree on this grading is fair. One thing I worry about when doing group projects is that one person in the group will work really hard and one person won't, but both members will receive the same grade. So that's why I really like your grad distribution percentages.

    ReplyDelete